Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas decos are go!

The first of December has rolled around which means we finally have our Christmas tree up and decorated... 'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas' !! Here's the little angels at our front door.

I love Christmas time - I love the hot sultry days, thunder storms in the evening, visiting the council pool on hot afternoons, icy poles and summer fruits. I also love the anticipation of celebrating Christmas Day with special food and special people.

This year I participated in Em's (from EmBelIsh) Christmas Ornament Swap. My swapper, the lovely Lisa from Beetlehouse Designs was super organised and on the ball and sent me my ornaments early; they have been waiting patiently until Monday when we could put them up!


The kids especially loved the reindeer hanging and I think the little snowman is such a little cutie! Thanks again Lisa!

Here's the ornament I made for the swap. Her name is Joy and she's a little Christmas 'Jelly angel'. Joy made her way over to Marc from Daisy Jayne.


Thanks Em for getting us all in a Christmassy mood! :)
Enjoy December everyone!

2 comments:

Lisa's RetroStyle said...

So hard trying to imagine Christmas all hot and sultry...I don't think I've even vacationed somewhere warm during Christmas. Christmas = cold + white in my head...hard to get it out. I would love to spend the holiday in Australia one year!

Cute ornaments! I love the one you made...what a cute tree topper it would be!!

Bec said...

So many gorgeous Christmassy things!!! I love your little Angel Jellie...will you be selling these at the market? I agree with all your reasons for loving christmas time...I'm exactly the same. We are going to a local Carols by Candlelight this Friday, and I'm so excited!!!

He he he, my word verification today is FLOTT. Isn't that a great word :D